Sunday, November 04, 2007

My Testimony...

Here comes....

Hi everybody! My name is Andrinna. I’m 15 this year. I started attending YF when I was in my mid 13 when Joy first invited me. In this two and a half years, I have tried not to miss YF on Saturdays and to fellowship with believers in this warm, friendly place called the youth centre.

As a child of God and a youth, I find YF very important because it helped me a lot in my spiritual growth. Slowly.. from a small innocent baby I became a young child. I realised how privileged am I to become a child of God. I worship an everlasting God – the ever lover, ever infinite, ever faithful, ever merciful and the ever provider. YF taught me the importance of accountability with one another. When we are accountable with each other, we helped each other and in return they will help us too in times of need. Through this, I also knew more about the Almighty God. He has provided me so much in times of need. I learnt from one incident that I should not be selfish and keep things or people to myself. I should share them and not be selfish. My friends in YF taught me the power of prayer. Through this problem, I've learnt that prayer is a conversation with God. When we pray, we pray to a true and living God in Heaven and not to someone here on earth. Prayer is very important for spiritual growth and is not just asking for our requets. It includes faith, worship, confession, praise, thanksgiving and dedicated action. Prayer carried me through that rough patch.

YF mould and built me up into a better person. I have learned to take every opportunity to bless someone and be a blessing everywhere I go. YF also taught me the importance of prayer life, quiet time with God, tithing, reading, meditating on God’s Word daily, serving and meeting up with other Christians.

Going to YF gave me good influence. I learned the importance of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, self control and the importance of God in my life.

Lastly, I want to take this opportunity to thank my parents for their support and for allowing me to attend YF through out the year. I pray that YF will continue to be a great big help to all of us in our growth in the LORD.

I still cant believe that I actually wrote this. hehe. To me.. It’s long and I haven’t wrote such a long testimony before=P. I complained to God almost everyday.. How?? How can I do this?? How.. How do I write? What should I write?? How are you going to use me through this?? How? Almost everyday.. I ask wisdom from Him. Wisdom!! Everything seems so hopeless that time. I even tried writing and writing.. but nothing seem to get better until Thursday.. yay! I finally wrote something… something that was much much better than days ago=)! I really hope that through that testimony that God’s will will be done and that that testimony will be an encouraging one. *is this sentence right.. looks weird.

Thanks to Tien Hui=)! Hui Ying=D!! Joy=P! and mum=)!!

No comments: