it's sad how the world judge things. "you must be the top.... to get this". "you must be... in order to achieve this". "you must learn... to be famous". "if you don't.... you won't be accepted"... AH! the world at first simple and sweet like those of Adam's and Ave has become so complicated and corrupted. the world has change. changed! read through the first chapter of Genesis and you'll realise a huge difference.
i dont know whether others in other industries are affected. maybe it's more prominent in the so called design world. here(at least for now-the module that i'm doing where one of my assignment is where i need to go for an interview as if i'm applying for a job). well, i know this assignment would train my communication skills as a designer but it's also all about how well you promote yourself. how well you promote your portfolio and to sum it all up it depends on "the boss" whether he likes you, whether he thinks you're worth it to be employed. everything is so subjective. *actually, i think it's more complicated than this*
haih.....
*oh Lord, help me.
3 comments:
I don't like the fact that I have to promote myself so that people will accept me in their work too.
I remember when I was joining MPPPU's election thingy and I had to give a speech that I am good enough to be a leader so that people will vote for my name; I just went up there and tell a bunch of nonsense jokes and get back down.. I can tell u, I don't regret that moment HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
But then, when come to think of it, it's all about whether we have self-confidence or not.. Confident that we are good in something? Maybe showing that we actually confident in ourselves is what interview is all about?
Just found your blog from Joels. Singapore is a tough place to study. Peer pressure here is like nothing else. Take your time and grow. In all things remember that Christ is your head above study, and that things that seem bad are just Gods way of training you up.
Cheers =D
thanks Gideon!:)
Ezra, sorry i just saw your comment here... *paiseh paiseh*:P thanks for the encouragement though...:)
Post a Comment