Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Haih..

Hi!! Hehe.. this is one of the passage that came out in our English paper 1. don’t know whether it will be funny to you. But.. i laugh(inside) when i was reading it. haha.. Hope that you will enjoy it=D.


The night was howling and depressing. I couldn’t close my eyes as I listened to the monotonous whirling of the fan. Why, oh why did I ever watch that movie? On a night where my parents had gone to visit my aunt, of all days. Few hours before, I was enjoying the blissful opportunity of absolute freedom. I could stay up as long as I like, eat all the chips I want and have free access to the bathroom all day.

After wallowing in such thoughts for a while, I decided I might as well watch some DVD’s, since I never get to do this while mum and dad were around. I picked up a copy of “The Six Sense”.” My brother had warned me against watching this movie saying I was too young. It could scare me out my wits easily. I grunted my disapproval as I inserted the disc into the player.

“I’m, not a baby. I can watch this movie without getting scared as much as others.”

2 hours and 30 minutes later, I was rooted to the sofa not knowing whether to sit still or to run to my room for cover. I dashed to my room, locked the door and quickly changed for bed. So, this was how I ended up staring at the ceiling fan at 2a.m. suddenly I heard rumbling noise outside. “Oh no!! spirits of the dead!” I picked up my squash racquet next to me and tiptoed to the door. At that time, it never occurred to me the point of a racquet against the “undead”. I opened the door slightly to peep, hoping to see a shadow crossed my view. Without even looking at what it really was, I dashed out screaming and waving the racquet blindly.

“Ow!!!” I stopped. That voice sounds familiar.
“What.. xxxxxxx.. do you think you’re doing?!” I looked down at my brother with a big bump on his head that’s starting to swell.

Sheepishly, I helped him apply some ointment. He was sore all over from my beatings. For a while he was quiet. I opened my mouth to voice my apology and he looked at me square in the eyes and just said,

“You watched the movie didn’t you?”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha... that's pretty good!!!

Andrinna said...

haha...=P